Insulation & Interiors Course description
This Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to perform a professional home insulation, ventilation system and home interior inspection
Did you know?
In the Insulation & Interiors Course, you will learn to inspect thermal insulation, vapor barrier and ventilation systems. You will also learn how to inspect interior elements of homes such as walls, ceilings, floors, basements, doors, windows, interior stairs/railings, countertops and cabinets, and garage doors/door operators.
Study Sessions are included to help you make your way through the material. Quick Quizzes will help you check your progress. Several Field Exercises will help turn your knowledge into real-world experience.
- Insulation and Ventilation
- How heat moves, controlling heat flow, controlling moisture flow, building envelope issues
- Insulation types, air/vapor barrier
- Attics, flat and cathedral roofs, walls above grade, basements and crawlspaces, floors over unheated areas
- Venting roof spaces, venting living spaces
- Floors, walls, ceilings, trim, counters and cabinets, stairs, windows, skylights and solariums, doors
- Wet basements and crawlspaces
- 37 hours
- One midterm and one final exam – online
- 70% passing grade overall
- $2995 for the full Program (all 10 Courses) or $345 for any single Course
- Includes all learning materials, tests, exams, tutor support and ongoing postgraduate support